BASIC AERODYNAMICS. Incompressible Flow.
In the rapidly advancing field of flight aerodynamics, it is especially important for students to master the fundamentals. This text, written by renowned experts, clearly presents the basic concepts of underlying aerodynamic prediction methodology. These concepts are closely linked to physical principles so that they are more readily retained and their limits of applicability are fully appreciated. Ultimately, this will provide students with the necessary tools to confidently approach and solve practical flight vehicle design problems of current and future interest. This book is designed for use in courses on aerodynamics at an advanced undergraduate or graduate level. A comprehensive set of exercise problems is included at the end of each chapter.
- This book is to be accompanied by a website that contains numerical analysis codes
- Written by experts in the field who present a clear account of the basic foundations of aerodynamics
- Each chapter ends with exercises and a solutions manual will be available on the web.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to aerodynamics
2. Physics of fluids
3. Equations of aerodynamics
4. Fundamentals of flow
5. Two-dimensional airfoils
6. Incompressible flow about wings of finite span
7. Axisymmetric incompressible flow around bodies of revolution
8. Viscous incompressible flow
9. Incompressible aerodynamics: summary.